MARCH 10 (Monday)
Tweet apl.de.ap & Dante Basco to shout out loud “TPS for Philippines Now” at the #PinoyRelief Benefit Concert. #TpsNow
March 12 (Wednesday)
Todo Tawag na sa DHS!
“Call (202) 282-4895: State your Name, the City and State you live in, and that you would like to see TPS granted immediately to the Philippines.”
And the Campaign on TPS continues… please call DHS and White House:
Your CALL IS IMPORTANT to win TPS!
CAMPAIGN UPDATE: The Temporary Protected Status for Filipinos public campaign has created massive awareness and the movement is definitely being felt by the Department of Homeland Security and White House. All the recently coordinated press conferences, vigils, gatherings showed the strength of the TPS nationwide movement. BUT WE HAVEN’T WON YET!
We all need to keep up and sustain the campaign momentum until TPS is granted! Let the holiday season bring in the spirit of rebuilding the Filipino nation from the suffering and devastation brought about by Typhoon Haiyan. Let’s take action now, let’s show our support by calling the DHS and/or White House comment lines now.
Secretary John Kerry: 202-647-5291Chief of Staff David Wade: 202-647-5548Deputy Chief of Staff Jonathan J. Finer: 202-647-9572
Email: YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS
Topic: Messages of Support
Subject: TPS for Philippines NOW
Question: “Temporary Protected Status for the Philippines must be designated. I urge Secretary of State John Kerry to recommend immediately to the Department of Homeland Security that TPS be designated for the Philippines. My name is __________. I stand united with millions of US citizens, Filipinos and non-Filipinos, the documented and the undocumented, together as allies in this national movement for Temporary Protected Status for the Philippines.”
WHITE HOUSE COMMENT LINE: (202) 456-1111
Senators who contributed to letter of support
My name is _________________ and I am [from ___/represent___] and I urge the State Department to recommend the Department of Homeland Security grant Temporary Protective Status to Filipinos in the wake of Typhoon Haiyan. Thank you.
Click here: SIGN THE PETITION NOW
To be delivered to Rand Beers, Acting Secretary of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, President Benigno Aquino, Philippines, and President Barack Obama
Since Typhoon Haiyan/Yolanda devastated the Philippines, the U.S. has been directing much-needed food and relief aid to the country, but more needs to be done to move the Philippines from “Relief 2 Recovery”!We urge Philippine President Benigno Aquino, President Barack Obama, and Secretary Rand Beers to designate the Philippines for temporary protected status (TPS) under Section 244B of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
Since Typhoon Haiyan/Yolanda 1.9 million of Filipinos have become homeless and 600,000 displaced. At the same time, many Filipinos who live and work in the U.S. are a key source of aid for their families in the Philippines and are at risk of deportation. It would only burden an already strained infrastructure for the Philippines to reabsorb thousands of its nationals currently abroad during this national emergency. TPS would stop deportations and provide working authorization that will empower Filipinos here in the US to more effectively aid their own home country. DHS and USCIS acted quickly in a very similar circumstances to designate Haiti and El Salvador for TPS after massive earthquakes. That response can and should be repeated for the Philippines.
Note: MoveOn Civic Action does not necessarily endorse the contents of petitions posted on this site. MoveOn Petitions is an open tool that anyone can use to post a petition advocating any point of view, so long as the petition does not violate our terms of service.
- Using the template write a letter to A/S Richard and Sec. Kerry
- You can either plug-in information and send as is or personalize further with stories or your own language for describing the situation and its impact (we encourage the latter)
- It should be signed off by a leader of your organization, preferably a director or someone else in leadership
- If possible please put it on letterhead, add a signature, and attach as a pdf. or doc. File (this is optional, we understand this might be difficult for some groups to do)
- Send Richard’s letter as soon as it’s complete:
- Subject line “URGENT REQUEST FOR TPS
- Email it directly to: Jessica Blanche, email@example.com, Richard’s assistant
- CC: David Foran, firstname.lastname@example.org; Suzanne Sheldon, SheldonSA@state.gov; and James Bean, BeanJW@state.gov; Molly Groom, Molly.Groom@hq.dhs.gov
- BCC: Irene Jor, email@example.com (to track letters sent)
- Please send the Kerry letter to Irene, she will bundle until we figure out how to get it to him
- Encourage other organizations and prominent individuals in your network to do these letters