Temporary Protected Status is..
– a temporary immigration status in United States
– granted to countries affected by environmental disasters.
– granted to eligible nationals of designated countries.
– it is a part of the efforts to provide immediate relief and get the country back to full recovery.
– many of the immigrants eligible for TPS are the first line of support to their families and friends.
– Be a national of a country designated for TPS
– Presence in the US on the day TPS is designated
– Show they remained in the US from the designation date until present
– Apply within the limited filing period