Temporary Protected Status is..
- a temporary immigration status in United States
- granted to countries affected by environmental disasters.
- granted to eligible nationals of designated countries.
– it is a part of the efforts to provide immediate relief and get the country back to full recovery.
- many of the immigrants eligible for TPS are the first line of support to their families and friends.
– Be a national of a country designated for TPS
- Presence in the US on the day TPS is designated
- Show they remained in the US from the designation date until present
- Apply within the limited filing period